What is Artificial Intelligence?
Artificial intelligence is the branch of computer science concerned with making computers behave like humans.It is a way of making a computer, a computer-controlled robot, or a software think intelligently, in the similar manner the intelligent humans think. The term was coined in 1956 by John McCarthy at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Artificial intelligence is accomplished by studying how human brain thinks, and how humans learn, decide, and work while trying to solve a problem, and then using the outcomes of this study as a basis of developing intelligent software and systems.
Artificial intelligence includes the following areas of specialization:
- Gaming − AI plays crucial role in strategic games such as chess, poker, tic-tac-toe, etc., where machine can think of large number of possible positions based on heuristic knowledge.
- Natural Language Processing − It is possible to interact with the computer that understands natural language spoken by humans.
- Expert Systems − There are some applications which integrate machine, software, and special information to impart reasoning and advising. They provide explanation and advice to the users.
- Vision Systems − These systems understand, interpret, and comprehend visual input on the computer. For example,A spying aeroplane takes photographs, which are used to figure out spatial information or map of the areas.Doctors use clinical expert system to diagnose the patient.Police use computer software that can recognize the face of criminal with the stored portrait made by forensic artist.
- Speech Recognition − Some intelligent systems are capable of hearing and comprehending the language in terms of sentences and their meanings while a human talks to it. It can handle different accents, slang words, noise in the background, change in human’s noise due to cold, etc.examples like google assistant, siri ,cortana.
- Handwriting Recognition − The handwriting recognition software reads the text written on paper by a pen or on screen by a stylus. It can recognize the shapes of the letters and convert it into editable text.
- Intelligent Robots − Robots are able to perform the tasks given by a human. They have sensors to detect physical data from the real world such as light, heat, temperature, movement, sound, bump, and pressure. They have efficient processors, multiple sensors and huge memory, to exhibit intelligence. In addition, they are capable of learning from their mistakes and they can adapt to the new environment.
Goals Of A.I
- To Create Expert Systems − The systems which exhibit intelligent behavior, learn, demonstrate, explain, and advice its users.
- To Implement Human Intelligence in Machines − Creating systems that understand, think, learn, and behave like humans.
How Artificial Intelligence Works?
In this video below it is explained briefly about Artificial Intelligence and how it works so do check it out:
Hope you like our article Explaining briefly about Artificial Intelligence,for more articles of technological terms keep visiting our website and do like our facebook page to stay updated of our latest articles and do comment in comment about what topic would you want to know next make sure to comment your opinion.